The SPB6 seal supply system in accordance with API 682 4th edition
API 682 has become the sealing standard in refinery technology and is being used more frequently in the chemical sector as well. With the SPB6, EagleBurgmann launched a seal supply system on the market that consistently fulfills the requirements of the plant operators and complies totally with the new API 682, 4th edition standard.
The numerous innovations of the 4th Edition (published in May 2014) have made it necessary to further develop the mechanical seals and their supply systems. EagleBurgmann is currently offering a broadly defined portfolio of seals for all logical API configurations, and the range of API-compliant seal supply systems was expanded for the new standard.
Features of the SPB6 buffer fluid circuit system with bladder accumulator
- Secure and continuously supplies double seals in accordance with API-Plan 53B. This type of operation is often applied in practice that supplies the double seals with clean fluid.
- Required pressurization is handled by an accumulator primed with nitrogen. This prevents the process medium from leaking into the buffer fluid circuit or into the atmosphere.
- Circulation in the buffer fluid circuit occurs according to the Thermosiphon principle, or via forced circulation.
- No need to be connected to a nitrogen supply.
- Operation is also possible in remote locations.
To cover the standard applications, the SPB6 is available as a standardized, pre-configured complete system. The modular structure makes it easy to configure individual solutions. Different bladder accumulator volumes and heat exchanger variants are available as well as instrumentation accordingly designed for the application. Optional accessories in accordance with standard operator and OEM specifications are also available.
EagleBurgmann SPB6 systems can be delivered in accordance with ASME VIII Div.1, Pressure Vessel Directive PED 97/23/EC, SELO approval (China) and TR CU (Euro-Asian Customs Union).
Operating range, technical features
- Bladder accumulator: 20, 35, or 50 liters
- Pressure: max. 44 bar (638 PSI), variants with higher pressures optionally available
- Temperature: -20 °C … +90 °C (-4 °F … +194 °F)
- Heat exchanger variants (ribbed tube, water or air cooler with fan)
- Metal materials: 316L (stainless steel); bladder accumulator: CrMo steel